Darkness Wrestling Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darkness Wrestling Home

TWG's Darkness Wrestling fed is administrated here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Idea for new match/tournament type

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Idea for new match/tournament type Empty Idea for new match/tournament type Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:18 pm

An idea which could be used here study

A beat the clock like style of tournament type

It’s useful for uneven amount of people in a tournament or a king of the ring style tournament.

Obviously I know that there is no timer in matches but the shortest “time” could be determined by how many lines the match has for instance,
The “timer” would start after the line:-

The two wrestlers stare proudly at each other
And finish on the 3 count

The idea has a few faults however; like people with moves that have a longer description have a disadvantage (although, that could just be called hard luck Sad )
Also we need an exact time frame so the commentators know what to say, for instance:-

Chris Red-Wow SM is ahead in the tournament with a heroic 56 lines match to blackwing’s hardthought 64 lines match.

It Just doesn’t work, as you will agree.

Advantages however are that it is new (not used in any fed as I have noticed) and is another stipulation that can make the show interesting for voters.

Any other improvements will be nice to hear and if you think it is a good idea or not. Please insult if you’re going to, the idea not me Very Happy

2Idea for new match/tournament type Empty Re: Idea for new match/tournament type Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 am

cool, but hard to make.

3Idea for new match/tournament type Empty Re: Idea for new match/tournament type Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:42 am

Blackwing

Blackwing
Admin

Well not so much hard to make as it is very time consuming.
As for matches length I can probably come up wit some sort of time table - Ironman is supposed to be exactly 10 minutes long so If i have one of those and count the lines in it it should give us a moderately accurate result.
On the thing about moves with longer description - well longer description either means the move does take longer to execute or - more likely - it's the type of move that is flashy but in fact does almost as much damage to the one performing it as it does to the recipient and as a result it takes a bit of time to continue the attack after one of those. In other words - if you have such moves active then you have made a choice and will have to bear the consequences.
Consider the fact that in a wrestling match there are also times where neither participant is making any moves for whatever reason - the game does not show those elements of the match in text so it balances out in my opinion.

It's a good concept and we should probably look for a way to use it at some point soon. Voting will be removed from what I understand but it doesn't mean our show should go stale. At the very least that is one fast way for us all to end up looking for new rosters.

https://darknesswrestling.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum